NEWS & EVENTS
JOIN OUR TEAM – TECHNICAL ENGINEER
We are manufacturers of Marine Instrument Deployment Systems, Bow Thrusters and Hydraulic Cylinders. At Ocean Marine Systems we specialise in the custom design and manufacture of all products in-house. We use the latest materials and manufacturing techniques to provide the finest leading-edge solutions. We are looking for a Technical Engineer to join our team.
- To work closely with the Production and Project Management team to build and test our range of deployment hoists, thrusters and hydraulic cylinders.
- To carry out internal and external testing and work with classification societies for product approval.
- To travel in UK and overseas to conduct installations, repair and commission our range of products.
Specific Activities Include:
- Assembling, testing and servicing of the Company’s entire range of deployment hoists, bow and stern thrusters, as well as hydraulic cylinders and other related hydraulic systems.
- Maintaining build manuals and recording of any defects / non-conformances / test data / continuous improvements etc.
- Responsibility for quality assurance on assembly of all products you build.
- Engineer for field work regarding installation, repairs or servicing matters.
- Provide feedback loop to design department on continuous improvements to easy assembly, improve serviceability and reduce assembly time.
- Assistance in general engineering and development of the product ranges, encompassing occasional office-based tasks.
- Other duties as and when defined by the Board of Directors.
- Prior experience in a mechanical background is essential.
- Hydraulic and Gearbox systems experience an advantage but are not necessary.
- Must hold appropriate paperwork to travel abroad at short notice.
- Not afraid to speak with Clients and be the main point of contact.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Punctual, Self-motivated, able to focus on tasks in hand and work without direct supervision.
- Must maintain a clean working environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good numerical skills are essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Willingness to work extended hours as and when the needs of the business dictate.
- Team player.
If you think you have what it takes to be the next member of our team, don’t hesitate to apply today!
Work remotely: No
Day off on your birthday
Monday to Friday
8 am – 5 pm Monday – Thursday
8 am – 12 noon Friday
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please contact Rachel Williams, Production Controller Rachel.Williams@oms.ltd